Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Naughty Blogger

I have been a major slacker when it comes to this blog. I have had some free time, but I have spent it reading instead of blogging. No excuses, just in a bit of a slump. After all of the great posts for Book Blogger Appreciation Week, I really am feeling the push to get back to posting.

I've finished some pretty amazing books this year that I haven't reviewed yet. I'm going to list a few that I'm planning to eventually post about. If I have any readers left after my several month absence, any suggestions as to which books to review first out of the list below?

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Hunger Games (all three) by Suzanne Collins
The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness
A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
Bag of Bones by Stephen King
Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby

This week is kind of crazy, but I promise I will turn away from my slacker ways and post a review next week. Apologies also for not commenting as much as I would like lately. I still read and enjoy all of the blogs that I have in the past, but I just don't always have time to pop by and comment.

16 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Don't think of yourself as a slacker - in order to be a book blogger, you need to read a lot and that's what you were doing. :)

    I'd love to read your thoughts on Gone With The Wind (my favorite book!), The Hunger Games Trilogy, Brideshead Revisited, and the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

    Grace at Feeding My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back!

    I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on a number of these (no pressure intended). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Gone with the Wind, too. It's our November book club read and I need some motivation to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I comes to blogging, I believe in doing what you can, when you can. No guilt!
    I'll vote for Gone With the Wind as well. I loved the book, but lately for some reason I've been thinking about how much I disliked Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful list of books that you have read, Kristi! My vote is for 'Gone with the Wind' (one of my alltime favourite books), 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' (I liked it but didn't love it, but other readers seem to love it. Would like to know what you think), 'The Hunger Games' (I want to read this one. Would love to hear your thoughts on it), 'A Visit from the Goon Squad' (though it won the Pullitzer and the Tournament of Books, my friends who read it say that they didn't like it much. Would like to know what you think). Hope you are having a wonderful time reading! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m constantly trying to find the right balance between reading and blogging. It’s easy to get into a blogging slump when you’re reading some great books. I can’t wait to hear what you think of Bag of Bones, Gone with the Wind, and The Thirteenth Tale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read everything on your list except for Cloud Atlas, The Chaos Walking Trilogy and Bag of Bones, so I'm excited to hear your thoughts on everything.

    But I definitely vote for The Chaos Walking trilogy because I've been wondering if I should start that one.

    p.s. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many books I'd love to read your thoughts on but...

    EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE!!! I MUST know what you thought! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow … you've read a ton of books -- and good ones too. I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on the Foer book, the Chaos Walking trilogy, Henrietta Lacks, and Bag of Bones … mostly because I've read them and I love comparing thoughts on books I know about.

    I'm just happy you're unslumping yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, looks like there are still some readers here :-)

    Goodness, you've read some awesome books! I think I've read all but two or three, and I LOVED most of those. So, anywhere you start will be great! Though, personally, Cloud Atlas was my favorite. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts, whenever you get to sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, still here :) Hi.

    Lots of good ones now. I'd like to see your review of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and Gone with the Wind.

    Oh and Juliet, Naked

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll probably start with Gone with the Wind, but I'll make sure that I cover all of the books that you mentioned you'd like to hear about.

    I have the best readers. You're still around even when I'm a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another vote for "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Cloud Atlas
    2. Cloud Atlas
    3. Cloud Atlas

    Forget the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No worries. We'll always be here. :) I would love to read your thoughts on Gone With the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://www.naughtyallie.ws/naughty_allie/cumshot/swinger/naughty-allie-gets-soapy-and-horny/

    ReplyDelete