Wednesday, August 11, 2010

About Me and My Blog

My first child was born the summer before my last year of graduate school and life was CRAZY!  I had two part time jobs, was going to school full-time, and taking care of my son (with the help of his wonderful father, of course).  Once I graduated, I decided to not work but to be a stay at home mom.  After running at such a frantic pace for most of my life, I found myself at home with not much to do.  Looking after one child and living in a small apartment (not much space to keep clean), I found myself with quite a bit of free time.  I went to the library simply for pleasure for the first time since my adolescence and I was hooked!  I have been reading voraciously ever since.

A few years ago I was having difficulty figuring out what books to read.  I refuse to pick up a book on a whim.  I have to know that someone I trust enjoyed it enough to recommend it.  I turned to the internet and discovered book blogs.  I love reading reviews from everyday readers and have been stalking book blogs ever since.  This past year I finally decided to join a few book challenges and even started commenting on some of my favorite blogs.

I decided that I would start this blog so it will be easier to participate in the challenges.  I don't know how many people will read what I write but I like the idea of recording my thoughts on the books I read.  I have a bit of catching up to do as it is August and I have read about 10,000 pages so far this year.  I'll mostly focus on my challenges and maybe post on a few favorites of the other books that I've read this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hey ... you're finally writing on a blog!! Woo hoo! I, for one, would read your stuff. I always try to visit blogs for people who take the time to visit mine! I bet once you start, you won't be able to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenners for being my first comment ever! Hopefully I can keep up with it. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete