Saturday, February 16, 2013

Classics Club Spin List



I have been slacking on my classics lately (and blogging, but shhh...we won't speak of that). Well, the Classics Club hosting a Classics Spin. You list 20 classics from your list and post it. On Monday February 18, they'll announce the number, and you read the book that corresponds with that number on your list by April 1. Easy, right? I'm super busy with work in March so I'm going to cheat and post mostly easy and short ones. I have to be reasonable. I won't have the time or concentration necessary to read Don Quixote, you know?


  1. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  2. Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
  3. The Master and the Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
  4. My Antonia by Willa Cather
  5. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
  6. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  7. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  8. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
  9. Howards End by E. M. Forster
  10. The Wind and the Willows by Kenneth Graham
  11. Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
  12. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
  13. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
  14. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
  15. 1984 by George Orwell
  16. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
  17. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
  18. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
  19. Night by Elie Wiesel
  20. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde



6 comments:

  1. Ooh, both Uncle Tom's Cabin and The Moonstone are fab but very looooong! Hope you get Wind in the Willows or something like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna, they are really long, but luckily I have the audio for both. If I get one of those, I think I'll do a combination of reading and listening. I too am hoping for one of the short children's books. :)

      Delete
  2. I wonder if I can still make my list and have whatever number they picked be Vanity Fair? ;) Some good ones on the list! I read your pick when I was just a kiddo (think it was assigned in 6th grade?). Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, I was totally going to cheat and put Vanity Fair on the list! I'm pretty sure I read Islands of the Blue Dolphins when I was in elementary school too, but I have the worst memory. I don't remember anything about it. I'm lucky I got a short one.

      Delete
  3. I got a short one too! It's been years since I read Islands of the Blue Dolphins, but I loved it in grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Kristi! From your list I have read 'The Master and Margarita', 'The Moonstone', 'The Great Gatsby', 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' and 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. I would love to read the others some day :) Which book did you get? I also saw on the right that you have finished 25 books this year. That is really wonderful! Great going! Happy classics reading!

    ReplyDelete