Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm Back

I disappeared for a little while, but now I’m back.  We finally moved into the home we’re renting for our two year stay in Scotland.
One of the first things I do when I move to a new town is get a library card, so last week I did just that.  Boy was I surprised when I went in.  The library in my village is teeny tiny.  The ladies that work there are very nice but the entire library was about the size of my living room in the home I just moved out of in California.
Their selection of books is not great.  They do have a reservation system online and I can request books from other libraries in the council.  That will help, but I was still surprised that there were many books that I would like to read that they simply don’t have at any of their libraries.
I did find One Day by David Nicholls and I was very pleased because it was at the top of my list of books I’ve been waiting to read.  The hilarious part is that the “N” fiction section had literally four books.  Oh, this will be a long two years as far as my reading is concerned.  I can’t complain too much though.  Their library isn’t great but my family plans to take advantage of our time abroad to travel, so maybe I won’t have as much time to read after all. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...that might be a problem for a book lover!! I bet a Kindle or e-reader of some type might be the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenners--I've been thinking that also. I just can't figure out if I should get a Kindle or an ipad.

    ReplyDelete